DD Cooling Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller – A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor – A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data – The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party – means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- Who are we?
DD Cooling Ltd is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are: Unit 1, 90 Berry Lane, Longridge, PR3 3WH. For all data matters contact Dave Dobson, Data Protection Officer.
- The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes;
- To maintain our internal records
- To notify you of new products or services
- To pursue our legitimate business interests
- The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data – name, address, email address, telephone number, bank details.
We have obtained your personal data directly from you or through your enquiries on our website.
- What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data is for the performance of a contract.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with employees of the company as needed.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for a period of 3 years in order to safeguard the company from legal claims and for warranty purposes.
- Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data. But failure to do so will mean that we may not be able to fulfil our contractual arrangements with you.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
- Transfer of Data Abroad
we do not transfer personal data outside the eea.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
- How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our Data Protection Officer, Dave Dobson (Dave@ddcooling.co.uk)
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.
We buy fresh fruit and vegetables from farmers to supply the wholesale market and offer services to restaurants and schools by preparing the vegetables ahead of delivery. Therefore, efficient refrigeration is integral to our business model, and DD Cooling supports us with everything we need. They help us to save running costs year on year and provide an efficient service that we can rely on.
Our business supplies the catering industry and we operate a central factory which distributes to customers directly, as well as two of our own retail shops in Longridge and Clitheroe. We pride ourselves on the quality of the meat we provide for customers and the service from DD Cooling is an integral part of our business offering. They have also allowed us to generate maximum efficiency and cost savings with the cooling of our produce and have provided design, building and maintenance of bespoke cold stores right the way through to improving and maintaining dated refrigeration equipment.
We are a specialist salad crest grower and supply a range of grocers and supermarket operators. DD Cooling is 20 miles away but their personal service outweighs those we’ve experienced with other, closer suppliers. We know we get honest advice and have grown to know the teams which we love! DD Cooling has built specialist growing rooms for our delicate produce and maintains our on-site refrigeration.
Here at the flower bowl, we have a state of the art co2 refrigeration system. This system is integral to our business, when there’s a fault with it many of the services we provide are unable to continue. Since the system was installed it has had various technical issues. After lots of back and forth, we decided to go out and see if another company would be able to help us diagnose and rectify these issues. Along came DD Cooling who came highly recommended. Over time they have been able to get the system operating fully and make it reliable, this hasn’t been an easy task. It has been time-consuming and I’m sure head-scratching at times. Now the system has been made reliable they continue to service and maintain the equipment to an excellent standard.